Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ashland, Oregon


Dear Reader

About four years ago I was on my way to Palm Springs for a weekend of relaxation, when I received a phone call from one of my favorite friends, Norton. He asked me what I was up to and I explained to Norton I was planning on chilling for the weekend. Norton explained he was a transportation captain on a low budget film shooting in Southern Oregon, and he needed a motor home like my Neptune for his impending shoot and if I was interested, he went on and explained the budget was marginal, but I would have a lot of fun. After some wrangling regarding my pay scale, I agreed to do the job. We would be shooting in Oregon for about six weeks
in early fall, after the second day there, I realized that my Southern California wardrobe was inadequate for the Oregon weather. Fortunately I was able to purchase some better attire at local department store and I was OK for the rest of the shoot.

Ashland, Oregon is known for its skiing and the Shakespeare festival, what I found most appealing was the atmosphere of the town. We filmed for a week in Ashland, the weather was cold, but the
people were very warm. Our crew consisted of a number of native Oregonians, some California natives and the rest came from other parts of the US. Ashland offers a variety of locales to shoot at; including Mt. Ashland, the Rogue River and obviously the town of Ashland.

No comments:

Post a Comment